Nancy Emery Lizotte

Nancy Emery Lizotte, 56, died of lung cancer in Fall River, Massachusetts.  Nancy leaves her husband David Lizotte; her mother Marcia Wood; her brother and sister-in-law Chip and Vicki Emery; her brother Peter Emery; her sister and brother-in-law Laurie Wood and Scott McCollom; and nieces and nephews Jaedra, Brandon and Emery Rideout; Katie, John, Jocelyn and Ben Emery; Matthew and Brian McDonough and Shoshanna McCollom.  Nancy's legacy is her love for her family, animals and nature.  A celebration of Nancy's life will be held on Chebeague Island in Summer 2008.

Message from Holly Hamilton Jordan:

Jan. 1, 2008
Today I am still mourning my friend Nancy.  Yet I turned that mouning into positive thinking by remembering all the good times we had together.
Nancy passed away New Years's Eve Day.  She had a terminal cancer that only invaded her body just after Thanksgiving.  She wasn't feeling well at all and finally gave in to go to the hospital Dec. 1.  She only lasted 1 week and went into a coma.  She had double pneumonia and a very fast progressing cancer.  By the end of the first week of Dec.  she slipped into a coma and was on life support but never came out of the coma.
We met on the beach by her mom and step dad's (Ted Wood's) cottage.  I was 12 and Nancy was 10.  She swam like a fish.  She looked at me and said, "Come on in swimming with me,"  That turned into a life-long friendship of 46 years.
Ray and I had moved to Mass. in the early 70's and the minute we landed I called Nancy.  She came over to North Revere to pick me up and we went back to Winchester to visit her mom and family.  We had a great time just visiting and reminiscing.
Nancy came to the island every summer and only at one point in time did we lose each other, but that was when I first moved to Florida, but we got caught up quickly with the internet.  We always stayed in touch.  If not letters, then when E-mail and IM came along it was with that.
When we were teens,  It was always, "Here comes Nancy and Holly," we were always together.  We spent most of our time on the beach and at "The Place" at night, (a teenage community hangout).  We walked the island I don't know how many times.  Bare footed of course.  We sailed with her step dad Ted, and mom Marsha, and I always loved Magga's Nancy's grandmothers)  favorite chocolate cake receipe, which I have to this day.
We spent many nights in the small cottages outside the main house.  Ted would always come out to check on us before he retired for the night, so we would pretend we were asleep when he came out, and then the minute the cottage door closed we would listen for the door to the house to close and out we would go, most always to a beach party.  Close to 85% of the time we were on the beach.
We wanted to swim over to the Stone Pier from the point of the cottage once at high tide.  Ted said that the only way he would let us do it was if Chip came along with a row boat in case we got tired.  We swam over and back.
Then there was the time that we went to Portland with my father when he went to sell his lobsters.  We got into Portland so early that nothing was open yet for us to go shopping.
Leon was on a Navy ship called the USS Compton and it was in port.  So we decided to see if we could look him up.  It had started to pour.  When we got to the ship I asked a crewman who was on deck if Chief Leon Hamilton was aboard and he said "yes, I'll get him for you, but in the meantime, go ahead and sit in that station wagon right behind you."  So I thanked him and we did.  The rain started to clear and out of the pilot house came the Captain of the ship, yelling at us to get out of his car.  We turned out to the be the target of a very well pulled off prank.
We grew up together during the summer and still visited each other in the winter.  We always kept in contact with each other.
Nancy was a very giving person and although her beliefs were different then mine, nothing ever stood in the way of our friendship.  We respected each other and accepted each other for any choice that we made with our lives.  We sent prayers and healing energy back and forth to each other all the time.
Nancy, Chip and I hung around together a lot.  Pete was a little younger, then came Laurie.  I still have pictures of Laurie in a stroller when she was approximately 2 years of age.  Pete was kind of stuck in the middle and known as the (Nert) or (Newt) by Ted.  I'm still not sure what that meant.
Nancy and her sibling all grew up and had families.  Nancy married David, and they had their animals and nature to love and enjoy.  I remember that Nancy always had a saying at the end of one of her e-mails that said, "if you own a ferrat, don't ever step on a bump in the rug."  That still brings a smile to my face.
Chip married Vicki Hamilton as you all know and they have children and grandchildren now.
Pete lives in Kennebunk and has a son Benjamin.
Laurie married Scott McCullom and they have children.
Nancy's family always was a big part of my life,  Mom Marsha lives in Mass. with companion Arthur and is one in a million.  I have always respected her  She is such a caring and giving person.  I will love the whole family always.  They are like a second family to me.
Our group of friends during the summer included, The Ross Family, Beverly Johnson, Nancy Hill, Charlotte Ross Johnson and Glenn. Bruce Riddle, Joanne McCullum Anderson, Donna Miller Damon, David Miller, and many others too numerous to mention.  We were all good friends, but I always had that special feeling for Nancy.  We were like two peas in a pod.
My prayers this year, is that we all turn out to be better people in everything we do and say, remembering the good times in live, staying positive and focused on what is really important in our lives, and staying in touch with one another.
Today I thank God for Nancy.  She was a very special gift.  I will always miss her and love her for who she was.  A True Friend!  Nothing gets better than that!